“Mentoring Mothers of Young Children in a Personal Way”
Mothering Matters is a ministry of Siloam Springs Bible Church designed to minister to mothers of young children in Siloam Springs and the surrounding communities. The premise of Mothering Matters is based on Titus 2:3-5. Here are a few of our goals:
· Mentoring mothers in a personal way
· Making friends
· Learning parenting skills
· Receiving encouragement
· Addressing spiritual needs
· Hearing how to have a personal relationship with Jesus Christ
Main meetings on first Fridays feature a speaker and group discussion. A Care Group Bible study and one free hour of childcare for moms are offered each third Friday of the month. A suggested donation of $5 is collected anonymously at main meetings to cover materials. Quality childcare with age-appropriate activities and caring volunteers is provided free for infants through pre-kindergarten and homeschooled children.
Mothers of all stages are welcome to come, from moms-to-be to grandmothers! If you’d rather come and play with kids, we are seeking loving volunteers to staff our Wee Matters childcare program. If you are interested in learning more about Mothering Matters or becoming a volunteer, please call the church office to be directed to Mothering Matters leadership.
MM Core Values
1. We believe in God and in His principles as found in the Bible.
2. We believe motherhood is a holy calling and worthy of our sacrifice of time and attention.
3. We believe women are called to support, encourage and teach one another(Titus 2:3-5).
MM Key Messages
1. You, mom, are extremely important; and so is your job as a mother.
2. We understand what you’re going through and want to stand by you in this season of life.
3. You have needs, and Jesus Christ will meet them; invest in your husband and kids right now.
MM Facebook Page
Click HERE to look at the Mothering Matters Facebook page for more information on upcoming events.